Sunday, January 9, 2011

Thoughtshots

1. Find a sentence in your writing where a thoughtshot could be incorporated.

2. Copy and paste into a different document.

3. Determine the type of thoughtshot needed.

4. Play around with the details until its write.

5. Copy and paste into the blog spot.

VIEW OTHER POSTS TO GET MORE THOUGHTSHOT IDEAS.

26 comments:

  1. I got up early the next day to jog before practice. I decided to jog around in the business district of Tempe. About a mile away from my dorm at Arizona State University, an old 1970's chevy convertible pulled up beside me.

    Flashahead: I could tell just by the figures in the car it was trouble. In the front seat were 2 men in their late 20's in suits that they obviously didn't need. In the back were 2 larger guys I guessed were their bodyguards. As I watched them the thought of my career being on the line, but I didn't want to give them the satisfaction to see my fear so I stood where I was.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was the day my world turned sour.




    As I open my eyes, I can imagine the sound the
    ringing in my ears the sound of me doing nothing,The sound of a gunshot. One of the sounds you never want to hear. A sound that chills your bones. You hear it and instantaneously close your eyes. Every time I think about it I cringe, it sends goosebumps to my arms, and tears to my eyes. Imagine a normal day turned sour and the only thing you can remember is a gun shot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anna remembered when she was a little girl and that she had always dreamed of getting the crown. She always wanted to be a princess, she used to dress up and put a crown on and pretend to be one. Now was her chance to actually get the crown that she wanted when she was a little girl. She was really excited for them to announce the homecoming king and queen and couldn't wait for the big game.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember the day when my father first taught me how to ride a bike. My father got me this old, rusty, pink bike to start teaching me with. I loved the bike. I didn't care that it was old, or that everybody I knew would think that it was dumb, it was my first bike. And after I started to get the hang of it, we even went to the store to pick out a horn, I was so happy.
    I felt safe, because my father was so much bigger than I. He was always there to catch me when I fell and never gave up. My father also made sure that I never gave up as well. I loved going out by the park with my bike in the pick-up so we could do some practice and those deep long conversations on the way there and when I would fall down and scrape my knee. My father was the best thing that ever happened to me, we were so close and I wanted to do everything with him.
    I remember it like it was yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wait she knew him......he was the boy behind the wheel. She screamed, everyone looked quite startled except for him. Why? He walked up to her and bowed low and kissed her hand and said, “Princess we meet again” Black. Had she fainted again? Well that is just great she though. Light, warmth, softness, where was she she couldn’t remember, “Are you all right princess?” said a deep foreboding voice. She stood up but for some reason she wasn't scared.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Emilee Johnson said...


    I had always believed in bad luck, and one night a week I would always have one nightmare. It was always the same one too. My whole family would get in the van and drive down to the local marketplace grocery store to pick up a fer things for the week. The roads would be slick and bam! We get hit by another car and roll into the ditch, mom and dad didn't make it, but all of us kids did. Robert and Jolette are off on there own in another state married with jobs and kids so they don't know. So then there is me. Me all alone to take care of 4 younger kids, I think to myself, How am I going to do this alone?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jacob Buchanan said...

    I don't think my mom likes it when I go with my dad because that is time I am away from home so she has to do more to keep the house up and running I remember one of the first times I went with my dad in the semi on a long trip my mom called before we got 30 miles out and started crying because she didn't want us to leave, she didn't know if we would make it back or get in a wreck somewhere. My dad is a good driver though he has been doing his job for 20 years and enjoys what he does.

    ReplyDelete
  8. “I'm the only one left.” she thought. “Casey and Delana disappeared mysteriously into the laundry room. Allison is still up on the fourth floor hanging. And here I am, alone, scared in the darkness. There isn't any one else. No professors, no students, not even a janitor roaming the halls. Why did this happen to me? Why was I chosen? Why Allison? Why Casey? Why Delana? None of them deserved to suffer such horrible fates.”

    ReplyDelete
  9. I remember first going there. It was different. Not talking as much. It is different now. Everyone goes up there, hangs out, does what they want. Before, it was way different.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Could this be Kallie and Lauren? Coming to take me away or ask for my help?

    Finally I came across a big open field. This is where the screaming was happening. I hear the screaming. It was so clear. I heard something behind me. I spun around. I couldn't make out the figure. Something was coming in the opposite direction. I spun around again. As they both got closer, I could make out long hair, and bleach blonde hair. Could this be Kallie and Lauren? Coming to take me away or ask for my help? It sure looked like them. The last thing I knew, I was hit on the head. I was dreaming about why they would do this to me. Why would my best friends hurt me? I was confused. Had I done anything to them lately? No. Had I hurt them in some way? No.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ashley kept having a few thoughts pop into her head about everything everyone has ever told her about taking drinks from stangers and things that had happened. She remembered watching the movie “The Hangover”, and thought about what those drugs did to the guys. Then she just shook it off and told herself that wouldn't happen to them.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Friday the 13th.

    I start crying, I ran to the phone to call my mom and the phone didn't work either. I instantly started screaming... what do I do, what do I do! I have to get out of here I thought. I can't die now! Mom where are you! I ran to the door, locked. I kick it, pounded on it, and threw myself at it, but it doesn't budge. As I sink to the floor the first thing that comes to my mind is, today is Friday the 13th. Friday the 13th.

    ReplyDelete
  13. *Grace reached for her cell phone but couldn't find it. She just realized it was in her coat pocket which was located in her locker.

    How was she suppose to get out? Grace reached for her cell phone but couldn't find it. She just realized it was in her coat pocket which was located in her locker. Just my luck, she thought. It reminded her of a long time ago when her brother locked her in a shed when they were playing hide and seek, that's when they were little. She would have to stay in there either for the rest of the day, or if someone could hear her, the rest of the period. Grace sat in there and listened very carefully to see if she could hear anyone coming. She sat there confused and hurt, thinking why would Mary do this to her? Just then the bell rang and it sounded like a stampede of elephants. Grace quickly stood up and went over to the door and started banging and yelling! No one was stopping to let her out. All of a sudden it grew quiet and she gave up. She turned around, laid her head back against the door, and slid down to the ice-cold floor. She wondered if anyone would come and let her out anytime soon. Grace put her head to her knees and started to cry.

    ReplyDelete
  14. There was a big storm coming soon as tomorrow, this happened last year to we got 2 inches of rain. And we were done combining for 2 weeks and the corn was very wet. We didnt want to dry it because the gas was very high this year.


    Flash back

    ReplyDelete
  15. One night, she went to the mall with her friends. They met a weird man named Zeke. He sat down at the booth in the food court that they were sitting at. Without them knowing, he put something in her drink. None of the girls that she was with noticed it, and he was hoping that they didn't, too, because he could have gone to jail, or maybe even prison.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I got new snowmobile this year and it is a 2011 crossfire limited addition. Last year I got a new 2010 crossfire it wasnt a limited addition though because the regular sno pro was way sweater then the limited but this year a liked the limited way better then the ones last year. Me and my brother Brent have had the exact same snowmobiles for like 3 years but not in a row we have a the same sleds two years in a row though.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Most people think that memoirs aren't that important, but then to some think that there the best things in the world. To Sarah memories were everything to her, she probably wouldn't be able to go on with her life with out them. When she talks to her family or friends it's always about something that was in the past and was now just a memory.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Mackenzie sat in the window seat in her room and watched the wind softly sway the trees on her block. She remembered sitting in this same exact spot watching her dad packing his things into one of the family cars 10 years ago. He speed out of the driveway and out of this small town in Iowa. Neither herself, or her mom had heard from him since that August day. She had cried then because she was afraid of what would happen to her mom and herself, not because she would miss him. Her dad used to always yell at Mackenzie's mom and Mackenzie, in a way, she had been relieved that he was leaving. A single tear rolled down her cheek as she remembered that day and the way her mother reacted after he was gone, she locked herself in her room and slept for days.

    ReplyDelete
  19. She would watch from the porch James playing games of football and basketball with his friends scoring point after point and touchdown after touchdown. James had just been starting his first season of tackle football and his first game was less than two weeks away. James' father, Richie, was a former NFL running back until he was killed in a farming accident one year after James was born.

    Flash Back

    ReplyDelete
  20. Scarlett looked away from the car and back to the cliff thinking back to a place where everything in her life was perfect... It was on the day of her 13 birthday when her parents told her that the whole family was going to spend a weekend in Colorado. It was one of Scarlett and Annabel's favorites places to go and just do whatever, whether it was skiing in the mountains, or climbing the which was Scarlett's favorite thing to do. But the reason why they loved Colorado so much was because it was a place where everyone always got along and no one ever thought about fighting. It was a place where their family really became a family. And just a suddenly as Scarlett remembered this she pushed it out of her mind looking back to the car and reality.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Her new house was a lot like her old house. She stood there trying not to cry and thinking to herself, I remember that old house where we had so many good times, trying to slide down the banister, but always falling. The big staircase, the big front doors, and most of all the big living room painted so that when the sun set and shined in the house the walls turned the color of the sun set.

    ReplyDelete
  22. While they were eating gooey cheesy pizza, Jim said we should go into the school and hide by the closet and see if there was any suspicious play. It was all quiet and silent when someone big and tall came in to the gym to the closet and stole the basketballs. After the person was gone the kids thought who could have stolen the balls.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Abby Taylor said...



    I realized that we had been hit by another car. I started to hear the people running around the car but my only goal right now was to get up to my parents.



    As I started to crawl closer, inch by inch on my stinging, cut knees, I focused as hard as I could. As the blur of confusion started to disappear, it was replaced with sadness as I saw my parents - crumpled and broken. They were motionless. I crawled to my mother first. Holding her auburn hair in my hands as I held her head, looking down at her once sparkling hazel eyes, now glazed over with death, I felt a deep sorrow take a hold on me. After I laid her gently back down, I crept to my father. As I looked down at him, I felt all of my remorse force it's way into my mind, causing me to throw up. As I shook from the effort, wiping my mouth, I felt the world close in around me. How could this happen? What now?

    ReplyDelete
  24. He worked so hard that summer, Worked till every field was done completely. Worked until every hay field was raked. Worked until all the grass was cut. He worked so hard to try and make money for a snowmobile he made his employers shocked.

    ReplyDelete
  25. As soon as I finished reading the message, I quickly darted back into the house and up the stairs into my room. I kept thinking about this odd object and what it might be. Why was there a message on the lawn and how could have this thing could have written it so quietly? Had anyone else seen it? Within a few minutes, I fell asleep.

    ReplyDelete
  26. His mother thought “ what did I do wrong. Why couldn't I prevent this. Why did they have to take him.” Then she thought of all the good times they had. How he was so adventurous. He wasn't like any other boy she knew. He was always having fun. Never looked forward to the next day. Just had a great time in the moment.

    ReplyDelete