Tuesday, November 16, 2010

If I were in charge...

"If I Were In Charge of the World" by Judith Viorst

If I were in charge of the world
I'd cancel oatmeal,
Monday mornings,
Allergy shots, and also Sara Steinberg.

If I were in charge of the world
There'd be brighter nights lights,
Healthier hamsters, and
Basketball baskets forty eight inches lower.

If I were in charge of the world
You wouldn't have lonely.
You wouldn't have clean.
You wouldn't have bedtimes.
Or "Don't punch your sister."
You wouldn't even have sisters.

If I were in charge of the world
A chocolate sundae with whipped cream and nuts would be a vegetable
All 007 movies would be G,
And a person who sometimes forgot to brush,
And sometimes forgot to flush,
Would still be allowed to be

In charge of the world.

Directions:

What would you do if you were in charge of the writing classroom? Use Judith Viorst's poem as a base and then just let your imagination run free. Fill in the blanks with your creative details and descriptions from the point of view of being the one to make all the big decisions.

Comment on this blog with your response.

43 comments:

  1. If I Were in Charge of the Classroom

    If I were in charge of the classroom
    I’d cancel due dates,
    expectations
    grammar, and grading scales instead I’d
    Write freely.

    If I were in charge of the classroom
    There’d be More kids passing this class,
    many more knowledgeable students,
    and stories that have more life.

    If I were in charge of assessment
    You wouldn’t have boring.
    You wouldn’t have rushed stories
    You wouldn’t have judgements
    But you would have hands on learning
    And you would even have fun!.

    If I were in charge of the classroom
    Poems would be a vegetable.
    All short stories would be brought to life.
    And a person who sometimes forgot to turn in work.
    And sometime forgot to spell check.
    Would still be allowed to be an A + student.
    If I were in charge of the classroom you would know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I were in charge of the writing classroom
    I'd cancel homework
    Writing Assignments
    Essays and tests

    If I were in charge of the writing classroom
    There would be more work time
    More freedom
    Less talking, and more chances to listen to music

    If i were in charge of the writing classroom
    There would be no one who needs a repeat
    No one who says that they "Don't understand"
    And no one who complains about the work

    If i were in charge of the writing classroom
    Three papers of you choice would get you an A
    You wouldn't need to write four papers
    And anyone who forgot to write, or read something

    Would still be able to be in charge of the writing classroom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I were in charge of the writing classroom
    I'd cancel the whole class,
    I'd cancel grammar,
    and I'd cancel writing, instead I’d
    just not have the class.

    If I were in charge of the writing classroom
    There’d be no homework,
    no F's,
    and there'd be no need for a grade
    if I were in charge in the classroom
    you wouldn't have pencils,
    you wouldn't have paper,
    you wouldn't have books,
    or any need to read them
    you wouldn't even have to come to class

    if I were in charge of the writing classroom

    a half finished paper would get an “A”,

    all tardy's would be dismissed,

    and an irresponsible

    lazy ninth grader would still be allowed to be

    in-charge of the writing classroom

    ReplyDelete
  4. If I were in charge of the writing classroom
    I'd cancel reading,
    Monday mornings,
    Allergy shots, and also being on time.

    If I were in charge of the writing classroom
    There'd be no rules,
    an F would be passing, and
    we would be served free ice cream.

    If I were in charge of the writing classroom
    You wouldn't have lonely.
    You wouldn't have clean.
    You wouldn't have bedtimes.
    Or "Don't punch your sister."
    You wouldn't even have sisters.

    If I were in charge of the writing classroom

    test would be easer,
    writing would HAVE to be shorter,
    there wouldn't be assigned seats,

    ReplyDelete
  5. If I Were in Charge of the Classroom
    If I were in charge of the classroom
    I’d cancel pencils

    computers instead I’d


    If I were in charge of the classroom
    There’d be full class recess
    nap time
    and free food

    If I were in charge of assessment
    You wouldn’t have to read
    You wouldn’t have to write
    You wouldn’t have think
    But you would have to be cool
    And you would even have fun .

    If I were in charge of the classroom
    paul augon would be a vegetable.
    All teachers would be students.
    And a person who sometimes forgot to write would get candy.
    And sometime forgot to think. Would still be allowed to drink pop.
    If I were in charge of the classroom pauls mom would be the tooter

    ReplyDelete
  6. "If I Were In Charge of the World" by Judith Viorst

    If I were in charge of the writing classroom,
    I'd cancel all writing,
    smart kids,
    all homework, and any work.

    If I were in charge of the writing classroom,
    There'd be games,
    lots of food, and
    fun things to do.

    If I were in charge of the writing classroom,
    You wouldn't have homework.
    You wouldn't have schoolwork.
    You wouldn't have assignments.
    You wouldn't even have work.

    If I were in charge of the writing classroom,
    we would play games,
    There would be movies,
    and maybe some candy,
    And sometimes a party,
    Would still be allowed to be

    In charge of the world.

    ReplyDelete
  7. If I were in charge of the classroom
    I’d cancel tests,
    writing days,
    homework, instead I’d
    have a free day every Friday.

    If I were in charge of the classroom
    There’d be nap time,
    movie days,
    and no mandatory show your class you story.

    If I were in charge of assessment
    You wouldn’t have homework
    You wouldn’t have tests
    You wouldn’t have loud mouths
    But you would have food and drinks
    And you would even have quiet.

    If I were in charge of the classroom
    chocolate would be a vegetable.
    All homework would be fun.
    And a person who sometimes forgot to pay attention.
    And sometime forgot to write.
    Would still be allowed to be able to get a good grade.
    If I were in charge of the classroom it would be a whole lot better.

    ReplyDelete
  8. If I were in charge of the writing classroom
    I'd cancel assignments,
    Essay papers,
    StudyWiz, and also Matt Waltersdwarf. 

    If I were in charge of the writing classroom.
    There'd be more free time,
    Less Homework, and
    Faster computers that have no ichat. 

    If I were in charge of the writing classroom
    You wouldn't have boredom.
    You wouldn't have http://www.la92ww.blogspot.com/.
    You wouldn't have Open Office.org.
    Or "Don't play online games."
    You wouldn't even have someone to say that to you. 

    If I were in charge of the writing classroom
    A vocabulary chart would consist of 1 word taught in 3rd grade,
    All textbooks would be 2 pages thick,
    And a person who sometimes rushed,
    And sometimes forgot to publish,
    Would still be allowed to be

    In charge of the writing classroom.

    ReplyDelete
  9. If I Were In Charge of the World" by Judith Viorst

    If I were in charge of the writing classroom
    I'd cancel structured writing,
    Monday mornings,
    bells, and also dramatic people.

    If I were in charge of the writing classroom
    There'd be big comfy chairs,
    more 2 hour delays, and
    plenty of snacks. 

    If I were in charge of the writing classroom
    You wouldn't have lonely.
    You wouldn't have grammar.
    You wouldn't have to use spell check.


    If I were in charge of the writing classroom
    we would have lots of whales and cupcakes.
    All blogs would be gone,
    And a person who always played games,
    And would never turn off the music,
    Would still be allowed to be

    In charge of the classroom.

    ReplyDelete
  10. If I Were In Charge of...



    If I were in charge of the writing classroom
    I'd cancel the essays that we are required to write,
    instead I'd have more time to socialize
    and sleep.

    If I were in charge of the writing classroom
    there'd be more time to do things in class,
    no homework,
    and i'd cancel writing on laptops.

    If I were in charge of assessment
    You wouldn’t have be required to be here
    You wouldn’t have a C to pass
    You wouldn’t have Study Wiz
    But you would have free food
    And you would even have any games that you wanted to play.

    If I were in charge of the classroom
    Ice Cream would be a vegetable.
    All would be crazy and wild.
    And a person who sometimes forgot to be quiet
    And sometimes forgot to brush
    Would still be allowed to be passing the class.
    If I were in charge of the classroom it would be better because you get to do whatever you wish.

    ReplyDelete
  11. If I were in charge of the class
    I'd cancel homework,
    Monday mornings,
    reading and also writing.

    If I were in charge of the classroom
    There'd be easier home work,
    short reading books, and
    more free time.

    If I were in charge of the classroom
    You wouldn't have homework.
    You wouldn't have to listen.
    You wouldn't have to pass.
    Or read.
    You wouldn't even have books.

    If I were in charge of the class
    reading all magazines would be like reading books.
    We would be able to play games,
    And sleep,
    And sometimes leave class,
    Would still be allowed to be in school

    ReplyDelete
  12. If I were in charge of the writing classroom
    I'd cancel assignments,
    homework,
    essays, and also rules.

    If I were in charge of the writing classroom
    There'd be food,
    drinks, and
    A's everyday.

    If I were in charge of the writing classroom
    You wouldn't have homework,
    You wouldn't have to write,
    You wouldn't have to do anything
    Or “f's”
    You wouldn't even have f's.

    If I were in charge of the writing classroom
    Everybody would get an A no matter what,
    All rules would be gone
    And a person who sometimes forgot to stuff for class,
    And sometimes forgot to come,
    Would still be allowed to be

    In charge of the writing classroom.

    ReplyDelete
  13. If I were in charge of the writing classroom
    I'd cancel homework,
    Tri Tests,
    Writing pieces, and also hard assaingments.

    If I were in charge of the writing classroom
    There'd more SSR,
    More laid back environment, and
    Everyone would get food.

    If I were in charge of the writing
    You wouldn't have people.
    You wouldn't have teachers.
    You wouldn't have an hour class.
    Or writing assaingments.
    You wouldn't even have writing.

    If I were in charge of the writng classroom
    A poem would be my tri test
    We could play games,
    And a person who sometimes didn't care,
    And sometimes have free days,
    Would still be allowed to be

    In charge of the writing classroom.

    ReplyDelete
  14. If I were in charge of the writing classroom,
    I'd cancel class everyday but two,
    all of the homework,
    assigned seats and also having to do any work!

    If I were in charge of the writing classroom,
    There'd be a a food court instead of assignments,
    there'd be no annoying people,
    and of course no SSR.

    If I were in charge of the writing classroom,
    You wouldn't have Nick Mauer.
    You wouldn't have Lane Bangasser.
    You wouldn't have Jordan Clapp.
    Or “Sit down and be quiet boys”
    You wouldn't even have a teacher.

    If I were in charge of the writing classroom.
    A homework assignment would be as easy as breathing in and out.
    All writing pieces would be A's.
    And a person who never came to class,
    And sometimes forgot their homework.
    Would still be allowed to be

    In charge of the writing classroom! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. If I were in charge of the writing classroom
    I'd cancel all papers,
    homework,
    tests, and also who I sit by.

    If I were in charge of the writing classroom
    There'd be nap time,
    tons of food, and
    you could talk the whole time.

    If I were in charge of the writing classroom
    You wouldn't have naughty people.
    You wouldn't have annoying people.
    You wouldn't have a seating chart.
    Or any work.
    You wouldn't even get in trouble.

    If I were in charge of the writing classroom
    You would never actually write.
    It would be a fun class,
    And annoying people,
    And naughty people,
    Would get punched in the face.

    ReplyDelete
  16. If I were in charge of the writing classroom
    I'd cancel silence,
    Homework,
    Long periods, and also sitting quietly.

    If I were in charge of the writing classroom
    There'd be discussing,
    walking around, and
    helping each other together.

    If I were in charge of the world
    You wouldn't have homework.
    You wouldn't have quiet.
    You wouldn't have stiffness.
    Or "Listen to the teacher."
    You wouldn't even have sisters work.

    If I were in charge of the writing classroom
    Chocolate would be a vegetable
    All your work would be easy,
    And a person who sometimes forgot to get the work done,
    And sometimes forgot to listen,
    Would still be allowed to be

    In charge of the writing classroom.

    ReplyDelete
  17. "If I Were In Charge of the World" by Judith Viorst

    If I were in charge of the writing classroom
    I'd cancel homework
    friday mornings
    reading books and writing stories

    If I were in charge of the writing classroom
    There'd be nap time
    fire to all the papers
    no staff older than 21

    If I were in charge of the writing classroom
    You wouldn't have homework
    You would have to fend for yourself
    You wouldn't have in school assignments
    Or reading
    You wouldn't even have assignments

    if I were in charge of the writing classroom
    you could drink pop
    you could watch rated R movies
    people who got an “F”
    And sometimes got a “D”
    Would still be able to pass

    ReplyDelete
  18. "If I Were In Charge of the writing classroom" by Hannah Stumberg

    If I were in charge of the writing classroom
    I'd cancel homework,
    seating arangements,
    expectation sheets, and also ssr.

    If I were in charge of the writing classroom
    There'd be more free times,
    less worksheets, and
    more time to do whatever you want on the computer.

    If I were in charge of the writing classroom
    You wouldn't have a teacher .
    You wouldn't have organized.
    You wouldn't have due dates.
    Or "Don't go on ichat."
    You wouldn't even have rules.

    If I were in charge of the writing classroom
    A good student would be the one not paying attention,
    All grades you get would be good,
    And a person who sometimes forgot to turn in assignments,
    And sometimes forgot to listen,
    Would still be allowed to be

    In charge of the writing classroom.

    ReplyDelete
  19. "If I Were In Charge of the World" by Judith Viorst

    If I were in charge of the writing classroom.
    I'd cancel homework,
    Monday mornings,
    short stories, and also essays.

    If I were in charge of the writing classroom
    There'd be new seats,
    less homework, and
    less stress during trimester test.

    If I were in charge of the writing classroom
    You wouldn't have writing submissions.
    You wouldn't have to write.
    You wouldn't have to write stories.
    Or Don't have to come up with all these ideas.
    You won't have any ideas.

    If I were in charge of the writing classroom
    An essay would be a thought long ago
    All the assignments would be gone,
    And we would all have an easy essay,
    And laugh all the way home,
    Would still be allowed to be

    In charge of the writing classroom.

    ReplyDelete
  20. If I were in charge of the writing class room
    I'd cancel class, and
    Mondays,
    shots, and also Sara palin.

    If I were in charge of writing class room
    There'd be longer nights
    no hamsters, and
    No basketball hoops anywhere.

    If I were in charge of the writing class room
    You wouldn't have fat camps.
    You wouldn't have dirty underwear.
    You wouldn't have bedtimes.
    Or "punch your sister in the teeth any time you want."
    You wouldn't even have cats.

    If I were in charge of the writing class room
    A chocolate lab with a skunk smell would be a vegetable
    All 007 movies are free,
    And a person who sometimes forgot to brush,
    And sometimes forgot to flush, will stink up the entire home
    Would still be allowed to be

    In charge of the writing class room.

    ReplyDelete
  21. If I were in charge of the writing classroom
    I'd cancel blogging,
    reading,
    writing, and also the activities.

    If I were in charge of the writing classroom
    There'd be no yelling,
    no worksheets, and
    Lots of free time.

    If I were in charge of the writing classroom
    You wouldn't have homework.
    You wouldn't have projects.
    You wouldn't have Tri tests.
    Or "Don't forget your writing assignments."
    You wouldn't even have class.

    If I were in charge of the writing classroom
    We'd play games and have fun,
    All annoying people would be gone,
    And a person who sometimes forgetful,
    And sometimes naughty,
    Would still be allowed to be

    In charge of the writing classroom.

    ReplyDelete
  22. If I were in charge of the writing classroom
    I'd cancel homework,
    Monday's,
    seating charts, and also some people in my class.

    If I were in charge of the writing classroom
    There'd be more time for homework in class,
    less tests, and
    more of my friends.

    If I were in charge of the writing classroom
    You wouldn't have to write so much.
    You wouldn't have to read so much.
    You wouldn't have to listen for so long.
    Or people asking you what to do when they weren't paying attention.
    You wouldn't even have to pay attention.

    If I were in charge of the writing classroom,
    everyone would pay attention.
    No one would ask me for help.
    And someone who doesn't always read enough
    And someone who doesn't always write enough
    Would still be allowed to be

    In charge of the writing classroom.

    ReplyDelete
  23. If I were in charge of the writing classroom
    I'd cancel writing,
    People failing,
    School, and also reading.

    If I were in charge of the writing classroom
    There'd be no classrooms,
    no writing, and
    no writing submissions.

    If I were in charge of the writing classroom
    You wouldn't have to worry about grades.
    You wouldn't have to write.
    You wouldn't have to listen in class.
    Or "write stories"
    You wouldn't even have this class.

    If I were in charge of the writing classroom
    A good student would be not paying attention
    All the writing classrooms would be blown up,
    And the writing portfolios and trimester writing tests would be banned,
    And also kids that do there work get bad grades,
    Would not be allowed

    In charge of writing classroom

    ReplyDelete
  24. If I were in charge of the writing classroom
    I'd cancel hard work,
    All the homework,
    Bad grades, and also Nick Mauer.

    If I were in charge of the writing classroom
    There'd be naps,
    No SSR, and
    You'd be able to sit by whoever.

    If I were in charge of the writing classroom
    You wouldn't have Lane Bangasser.
    You wouldn't have Morgan W.
    You wouldn't have Jordan Clapp.
    Or "Shut up, your fat."
    You wouldn't even have these annoying kids.

    If I were in charge of the writing classroom
    A teacher would be very rare.
    All we would do is watch movies,
    And a person wouldn't ruin everything,
    And sometimes act normal
    Would still be allowed to be

    In charge of the writing classroom.

    ReplyDelete
  25. "If I Were In Charge of the World" by Judith Viorst

    If I were in charge of the writing classroom
    I'd cancel homework
    Sunday night,
    writing all papers, and also anonnying kids.

    If I were in charge of the writing classroom
    There'd be happier times,
    stronger hands, and
    kids outside playing more often.

    If I were in charge of the writing classroom
    You would have more friends.
    You wouldn't to sit in class.
    You wouldn't have to do work.
    And then lose it,
    Then have to redo it

    If I were in charge of the writing classroom
    There would be food that we would eat
    We could do whatever,
    And a person who sometimes forgot to brus
    Would still be allowed to be

    In charge of the world.

    ReplyDelete
  26. "If I Were In Charge of the World" by Judith Viorst

    If I were in charge of the writing class room
    I'd cancel writing,
    pencils ,
    ink, and also the teacher thats not ms. Doak

    If I were in charge of the writing classroom
    There'd be invisable ink,
    not healthier hands to write, and
    and word a lot bigger.

    If I were in charge of the writing
    You wouldn't have writing.
    You wouldn't have paper.
    You wouldn't have homework.
    Or "Don't punch your computer."
    You wouldn't even have computers.

    If I were in charge of the writing class
    A chocolate sundae with whipped cream and nuts would be something u eat in the class room
    All 007 movies would be G,
    And a person who sometimes forgot to write,
    And sometimes write,
    Would still be allowed to be

    In charge of the writing class room.

    ReplyDelete
  27. All we would do is watch movies!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. NOOOOO TRIMESTER TESTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I would get rid of seating arrangements and just be able to sit wherever you want to.

    ReplyDelete
  30. not have to sit in the classroom all the time

    ReplyDelete
  31. If you gave effort and didn't do the best on assignments you could get an A

    ReplyDelete
  32. I'd cancel class and and play a fun game for an hour

    ReplyDelete
  33. we would be able to have more free time

    ReplyDelete
  34. We change from sitting, supposed to be quiet, to talking with each other about things.

    ReplyDelete
  35. if i were in charge of the writing classroom
    there would be no homework
    there would be no teacher
    u could do watever u want
    n u could leave whenever u want

    if i were in charge of the writing classroom
    u could eat food and pop in the classroom
    i wouldnt give out no homework
    u wouldnt have to show up for class

    if i were in charge of the writing classroom
    i would never show up even i was the teacher
    i would just tell them to play games
    i would give them all a's
    u could do anythin u wanted

    if i were in charge of the writing classroom
    u wouldnt have to show up for this class
    u could u just walk around the school
    u dont have to do any assignments or have any assignments
    would still be allowed

    to be in charge of the writing classroom

    ReplyDelete